Selected info and activities
I currently serve as a member of editorial board of
I currently serve or has been serving as a reviewer for the following journals:
I currently serve in programme or steering commitee of:
Selected International Conferences/Workshops with proceedings published by recognized publishers:
- WWW 2019 - User Modeling, Interaction, and Experience Track
- 28th The Web Conference, San Francisco, USA, May 13-17. (ACM Press)
- SOFSEM 2019
- 45th International Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Informatics, Nový Smokovec, Slovakia, January 27-30. (Springer LNCS Series)
- ICETA 2018
- 16th International Conference on Emerging e-learning Technologies and Applications, Starý Smokovec, The High Tatras, Slovakia, November 15-16. (IEEE CS Press)
- ISMIS 2018
- 24th International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, Limassol, Cyprus, October 29-31. (Springer LNCS Series)
- IDA 2018
- 17th International Symposium on Intelligent Data Analysis, Hertegenbosch, Netherland, October 24-26. (Springer LNCS)
- RecSys 2018
- 12th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, Vancouver, Canada, October 2-7. (ACM)
- CompSysTech 2018
- 19th International Conference on Computer Systems and Technologie, Ruse, Bulgaria, September 13-14. (ACM)
- AIMSA 2018
- 18th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Methodology, Systems, Applications, Varna, Bulgaria, September 12-14, 2018. (Springer LNCS Series)
- TPDL 2018
- 22nd International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, Porto, Portugal, September 10-14. (Springer LNCS Series)
- ADBIS 2018
- 22nd East-European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems, Budapest, Hungary, September 2-5. (Springer LNCS Series)
- CD-MAKE 2018
- International IFIP Cross Domain (CD) Conference for Machine Learning & Knowledge Extraction (MAKE), Hamburg, Germany, August 27-30, 2018. (Springer, IFIP)
- DISA 2018
- World Symposium on Digital Intelligence for Systems and Machines, Kosice, Slovakia, August 23-25, 2018. (IEEE)
- ICWL 2018
- 17th International Conference on Web-based Learning, ChiangMai, Thailand, August 22-24. (LNCS Springer)
- HT 2018
- 29th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media, Baltimore, Maryland, July 9-12. (ACM)
- APTeL@ICALT 2018
- 18th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, Track 2. Adaptive and Personalised Technology-Enhanced Learning, IIT Bombay, India, July 9-13. (IEEE)
- UMAP 2018
- 26th Conference on User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization, Singapore, July 8-11. (ACM)
- Baltic DB&IS 2018
- 13th International Baltic Conference on Databases and Information Systems, Trakai, Lithuania, July 1-4. (IEEE, Springer)
- ITS 2018
- 14th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Montreal, Canada, June 11-15. (Springer)
- ICWE 2018
- 18th International Conference on Web Engineering, Cáceres, Spain, June 5-8. (Springer LNCS Series)
Other International Conferences/Workshops:
- BPMEdu 2018
- Business Process Managament Education Symposium at BPM 2018, Sydney, Australia, September 10.
- PALE@UMAP and AIED 2018
- 8th International Workshop on Personalization Approaches in Learning Environments, UMAP 2018 (ACM), Singapore, July 8-11; AIED 2018, London, UK, June 27-30 (CEUR).
- HAAPIE@UMAP 2018
- 3rd International Workshop on Human Aspects in Adaptive and Personalized Interactive Environments (UMAP 2018), Singapore, July 8-11; AIED 2018, London, UK, June 27-30 (ACM).
- EMIP@ETRA 2018
- International Workshop on Eye Movements in Programming, June 17, Warsaw, Poland.
- ITAT 2018
- 18th Workshop on Information Technologies - Applications and Theory, Krompachy, Slovakia, September 21-25.
- IIT.SRC 2018
- Student Research Conference in Informatics and Information Technologies, Bratislava, Slovakia, April 18.
- DaZ/WIKT 2018
- Annual Conference on Data and Knowledge & Workshop on Intelligent and Knowledge oriented Technologies, Brno, October 11-12.
>>> LIST OF PAST CONFERENCES is available.
PhD Students and Alumni
PhD Students I presently supervise or co-supervise:
PhD Alumni and their current job:
The most valuable are awards conferred to my great students in various mostly international competitions.
- IT Personality 2016
- recognized by IT industry in Slovakia
- Prize of the Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- for exceptional results in internationally recognized research in the field of software and information systems for personalized social web and the involvement of young talents in research (2010)
- Professor of the Year
- recognized by the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava in 2006, 2009 and 2017
- 1st place in E-learning Competition ICETA 2010
- category Supporting learning materials - Adaptive LEarning Framework ALEF
- Special prize of the Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- for the project Adaptive LEarning Framework with remarkable contribution to education
- Slovak Academy of Sciences Award for Collaboration with Universities
- based on excellent results achieved in the research project Tools for acquisition, organization and maintenance of knowledge in an environment of heterogeneous information resources (2009)
- The Head of the Year 2008
- special prize in the national competition
The peacock at the Smolenice Castle (with me at background).
Institute of Informatics and Software Engineering - Room 3.04
Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
842 16 Bratislava 4
Tel: +421 2 210 22 304 alebo +421 2 210 22 204