Selected info and activities
Recent research projects
I recently participate or has been participating in the following research projects:
I currently serve as a member of editorial board of
I currently serve or has been serving as a reviewer for the following journals:
I currently serve in programme or steering commitee of:
Selected International Conferences/Workshops with proceedings published by recognized publishers:
- SOFSEM 2018
- 44th International Conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Informatics, Krems an der Donau, Austria, January 29- February 2. (Springer LNCS Series)
- IDA 2017
- 16th International Symposium on Intelligent Data Analysis, London, UK, October 26-28. (Springer LNCS)
- ADBIS 2017
- 21st East-European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems, Nicosia, Cyprus, September 24-27. (Springer LNCS Series)
- BCI 2017
- 8th Balkan Conference in Informatics, Skopje, Macedonia, September 20-23. (ACM)
- TPDL 2017
- 21st International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, Thessaloniki, Greece, September 18-21. (Springer LNCS Series)
- ENIC 2017
- The Fourth European Network Intelligence Conference, Duisburg, Germany, September 11-12. (Springer)
- RecSys 2017
- 11th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, Como, Italy, August 27-31. (ACM)
- UMAP 2017
- 25th Conference on User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization, Bratislava, Slovakia, July 9-12. (ACM)
- SMAP 2017
- 12th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation and Personalization, Bratislava, Slovakia, July 9-10. (IEEE CS Press)
- HT 2017
- 28th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media, Halifax, Canada, 4-7 July 2017. (ACM)
- ICALT 2017
- 17th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, Timisoara, Romania, July 3-7. (IEEE)
- ISMIS 2017
- 23rd International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, Warsaw, Poland, June 26-29. (Springer LNCS Series)
- JCDL 2017
- Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, Toronto, Canada, June 19-23. (ACM)
- ICWE 2017
- 17th International Conference on Web Engineering, Rome, Italy, June 5-8. (Springer LNCS Series)
Other International Conferences/Workshops:
- IKC 2017
- 3rd International KEYSTONE Conference, Gdańsk Poland, September 11-12. (Springer LNCS)
- ABIS 2017
- 23rd International Workshop on Adaptivity and User Modeling, Regensburg, Germany, September 10-13.
- RecTemp@RecSys 2017
- 1st International Workshop on Temporal Reasoning in Recommender Systems (RecSys 2017), Como, Italy, August 27-31 (ACM).
- SNAA@ASONAM 2017
- 7th Workshop on Social Network Analysis and Applicaitons at Int. Conf. on Advances in Social Networks and Mining (ASONAM 2017), Sydney, Australia, July 31 - August 3.
- PALE@UMAP 2017
- 7th International Workshop on Personalization Approaches in Learning Environments (UMAP 2017), Bratislava, Slovakia, July 9 (ACM).
- HAAPIE@UMAP 2017
- 2nd International Workshop on Human Aspects in Adaptive and Personalized Interactive Environments (UMAP 2017), Bratislava, Slovakia, July 9 (ACM).
- DATA a ZNALOSTI 2017
- Annual Conference on Data and Knowledge, Plzeň, Czech Republic, October 5-6.
- ITAT 2017
- 17th Workshop on Information Technologies - Applications and Theory, Martinské Hole, Slovakia, September 22-26.
- IIT.SRC 2017
- Student Research Conference in Informatics and Information Technologies, Bratislava, Slovakia, April 27.
>>> LIST OF PAST CONFERENCES is available.
PhD Students and Alumni
PhD Students I presently supervise:
- Peter Gašpar
|- 1st year (co-supervised with Michal Kompan)|
- Matúš Pikuliak
|- 1st year (co-supervised with Marián Šimko)|
- Martin Svrček
|- 1st year|
- Patrik Hlaváč
|- 2nd year (co-supervised with Jakub Šimko)|
- Ondrej Kaššák
|- 3rd year |
PhD Alumni and their current job:
The most valuable are awards conferred to my great students in various mostly international competitions.
- IT Personality 2016
- recognized by IT industry in Slovakia
- Prize of the Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- for exceptional results in internationally recognized research in the field of software and information systems for personalized social web and the involvement of young talents in research (2010)
- Professor of the Year
- recognized by the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava in 2006 and 2009
- 1st place in E-learning Competition ICETA 2010
- category Supporting learning materials - Adaptive LEarning Framework ALEF
- Special prize of the Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- for the project Adaptive LEarning Framework with remarkable contribution to education
- Slovak Academy of Sciences Award for Collaboration with Universities
- based on excellent results achieved in the research project Tools for acquisition, organization and maintenance of knowledge in an environment of heterogeneous information resources (2009)
- The Head of the Year 2008
- special prize in the national competition
The peacock at the Smolenice Castle (with me at background).
Institute of Informatics and Software Engineering - Room 3.04
Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies
Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
842 16 Bratislava 4
Tel: +421 2 210 22 304 alebo +421 2 210 22 204