Valentino Vranić. Organizational Patterns: Elements of Reusable Agile (and Lean) Organization of Software Development. Lecture given at Singidunum University, Belgrade, Serbia, October 2018.
Architect Also Implements
Agile community is in a constant struggle to convince adversaries of its relevance and to spread the agile knowledge to adepts. But the community is not sufficiently aware of a very strong means it has at disposal: organizational patterns. Each organizational pattern describes a particular puzzling organizational situation that tends to recur in different contexts and gives a clue how to resolve it: Architect Also Implements, Customer Controls Product, or even Community of Trust, which is at heart of Scrum. Complete agile organizations can be built by a stepwise application of organizational patterns and maintained further. Problems in existing organizations can be resolved by applying appropriate organizational patterns. In this lecture, we will see how agile software development is not something we need to learn with huge efforts, but rather something we need to become aware of recollecting it from our own experience.
- A. Cockburn. Let's Dive into the Heart of Agile. 2nd Agile Serbia Conference, 2017.
- A. Cockburn. The Heart of Agile. 2015.
- M. Conway. Conway's Law. Mel Conway's Home Page, 2012.
- K. Beck et al. Manifesto for Agile Software Development. 2001.
- J. Sutherland and K. Schwaber. Scrum Guides. 2017.
- Jeff Sutherland’s Scrum Handbook. Scrum Training Institute Press, 2010.
- A. Cockburn. Agile Use Cases. 2008.
- J. O. Coplien and N. B. Harrison. Organizational Patterns of Agile Software Development. Prentice Hall, 2004.
- J. Sutherland, J. Coplien et al. Scrum as Organizational Patterns. Gertrud&Cope, 2011.
- J. O. Coplien and G. Bjørnvig. Lean Architecture: for Agile Software Development. Wiley, 2010.
- James O. Coplien, Neil B. Harrison, et al. Organizational Patterns of Agile Software Development.
- Jeff Sutherland, James O. Coplien, et al. Scrum Patterns: The Spirit of Scrum. Book in preparation, 2010–2018.
- Tomáš Frťala and Valentino Vranić. Animating Organizational Patterns. In Proceedings of 8th International Workshop on Cooperative and Human Aspects of Software Engineering, CHASE 2015, ICSE 2015 Workshop, May 2015, Florence, Italy, IEEE.
- Tomáš Frťala and Valentino Vranić. Architect Also Implements, 2015. (An animated version of the Architect Also Implements organizational pattern.)
- V. Vranić. Promoting Natural Human Attitude Towards Work: Scrum. In Proceedings of Conference Mreža 2013 – Internet in Educational and Business Environment, Singidunum University, Business Faculty in Valjevo, Valjevo, Serbia, 2013.
vranic at stuba.sk