- Parallel Computing
- Multicore and manycore computing
- Stream computing
- GPGPU - CUDA platform
- Recurrent neural networks
- Architectures and training methods
- Adaptation approaches based on Kalman filtration
- Approaches based on Markovian architectural bias
- Echo-state networks
- Long short-term memory networks
- Symbolic sequence processing
- Fixed order Markov models and variable length Markov models
- Fractal prediction machines and neural prediction machines
- Connectionist models and symbolic sequence processing
- Natural Language Processing
- Biologically plausible computation
- Neural networks trained according to the BCM (Bienenstock, Cooper, Munro) theory
- Self-organizing maps
Research projects - principal investigator:
Research projects - coinvestigator:
- Intelligent embeded systems.
2008 - 2010, VG 1/0822/08 (VEGA).
- Theoretical studies and applications of echo state neural networks in artificial intelligence and cognitve science.
2005 - 2007, APVT-20-002504 (APVV).
- Echo state neural networks.
2004 - 2006, VG 1/1047/04 (VEGA).
- Nonlinear methods in the neural network theory.
2002 - 2004, VG 1/9046/02 (VEGA).
- Application of nonlinear methods in the neural network theory.
1999 - 2001, VG 2/6018/99 (VEGA).