On this page, you will find the information about tests realized within the course. The tests from the previous course realizations are available in the archive.
The date of the exam will be determined by the faculty administration.
Due to the limitations of classroom teaching, this year's exam will be realized as a take home exam.
The questions will require you to use parts of your own project in Software Modeling. Beside that, you may use whatever other sources you wish.
However, you must write your exam on your own. Communicating with persons other than the examiner is not allowed.
To write your exam, you may use whatever text editor you wish. You can draw your diagrams in Enterprise Architect, but you can do so also in tools for quick diagram sketching, such as UMLet, for example.
Afterwards, you will create one PDF file and submit it to the corresponding submission site in AIS by the established deadline.
Assumed duration of the exam is two hours.
The exam will consist of approximately five questions of the following type:
- Explain the meaning of the extend relationship between use cases in the example of use cases from your own project. If necessary, add use cases.
- Explain the meaning of the include relationship between use cases in the example of use cases from your own project. If necessary, add use cases.
- For what purpose is the generalization/specialization relationship used between use cases? Illustate by an examlple from your own project. If necessary, add use cases.
- Explain marking of the transitions in UML state machine diagrams (all parts of this marking) on an example from your own project. If necessary, modify the example.
- On an example from your own project, amended as necessary, explain the meaning of the realization and usage of an interface.
- What is happening during decision making in activity diagrams? Explain on a corresponding activity diagram fragment from your own project, modified if necessary.
- What does the opt combined fragment in a sequence diagram means? Explain on a corresponding sequence diagram fragment from your own project, modified if necessary.
- Draw a class diagram corresponding to the selected sequence diagram from your project containing only relevant classes and operations with correct relationships between these classes.
- For what purpose is a collaboration element being used with components in UML? Explain on an example of components from your own project. Draw a diagram.